I’m really happy to have been nominated to do this award again, this time by craftypalooza! I originally was not planning on actually redoing it, but why not, right?
Link and thank the person who nominated your blog.
Answer the questions they asked you.
Pick eleven bloggers with less than 200 followers to nominate.
Ask them eleven questions.
Let them know by commenting on one of their posts.
1. Why did you start your blog?
I wanted to get more involved with my reading and interact with other people. I also thought it’d be a great way to boost my self esteem and learn more about the professional world by interacting with publishers and stuff.
2. Fiction or Non-Fiction?
Both, but mostly fiction.
3. Book you’ve read so many times the spine has been broken multiple times?
My copy of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix is split into two because the spine completely broke apart.
4. How many books did you read this summer? List them.
Really? This seems excessive… Ok. So according to my goodreads, I read 39 books this summer.
The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon
Scatter, Adapt, and Remember by Analee Newitz
Where Things Come Back by John Corey Whaley
Rush by Eve Silver
To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han
Killer Instinct by SE Green
We Need New Names by NoViolrt Bulawayo
Everything is Illuminated by Jonathan Safran Foer
Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E Smith
The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
#scandal by Sarah Ockler
The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
The Diviners by Libba Bray
Every Day by David Levithan
Burn for Burn by Jenny Han
The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
Mr Penumbra’s 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan
Branded by Abi Ketner
Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas
The Young World by Chris Weitz
Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers
City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
We Were Liars by E Lockhart
The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman
Queen of Someday by Sherry D Ficklin
I am the Messenger by Markus Zusak
The Floating Boy and the Girl Who Couldn’t Fly by Stephen Graham Jones
Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac by Gabrielle Zevin
City of Glass by Cassandra Clare
Drawing Amanda by Stephanie Feuer
Gameboard of the Gods by Richelle Mead
Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
How We Deal with Gravity by Ginger Scott
A Tale for the Time Being by Ruth Ozeki
The Iron Trial by Cassandra Clare
Zac and Mia by AJ Betts
Heads up Philosophy by DK Publishing
5. Author you read every work of and loved?
Not really sure what this means… I don’t love every book I read.
6. Do you read graphic novels?
Yeah, sometimes. I wish I read more of them, but they’re pretty expensive. I own two unread ones, and I’m planning on buying two more around my birthday, so yeah. You’ll see more coming soon.
7. Do do use a bookmark or just a random piece of paper or do you *GASP* dogear?
I often use no bookmark, but I do use my library’s bookmarks a lot. Each month they feature someone’s drawing on them and give them away at the checkout counter. I usually take like ten. Hehe.
8. What are your top 10 favorite books/series?
In no particular order:
The Hunger Games
Chronicles of Narnia
A Series of Unfortunate Events
The Mysterious Benedict Society
A Song of Ice and Fire (although I haven’t even finished it)
The Percy Jackson Series?? I’m not sure. These are just the first series that came to mind.
The Shadowhunter Chronicles
The Ender’s Shadow and Ender’s Game quartets (also unfinished)
9. What sequel was a big letdown?
The second two books in the Divergent series. Also the second two in the Matched and Maze Runner trilogies.
10. How old were you when you got a library card?
Probably 2 or three. I used to go there with my brother and parents and check out books all the time.
11. What book could you not finish, if any?
Too many. Not listing..
So I already did this a while ago and kind of nominated most of the blogs I wanted to already, so here are just a few more:
Here are my questions:
1. List all of your fandoms.
2. What are your top 5 fave books? 10 if you can’t decide.
3. How much do you care about the physical appearance/condition of your books?
4. Buy books or borrow them?
5. Do you lend your books to people? Why or why not?
6. List some of your bookish pet peeves.
7. How often do you get in reading slumps? How do you get yourself out of them?
8. What’s your main motivation for blogging?
9. How long have you been blogging?
10. What are your 2 favorite and least favorite genres?
11. What is your outlook on book to movie adaptations?
Once again, thank you for nominating me! I hope all of you do this award, as I am quite proud of my questions, and I would like to see your responses, even if I didn’t tag you.